Narara Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Narara Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
As part of the program, the Narara Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2023*.
- two new lifts connecting the platforms to the existing footbridge and commuter car parks
- a new accessible parking space and kiss and ride space in both commuter car parks
- a new accessible path and stairs from the station to Narara Valley Drive
- a new pedestrian crossing across the northern commuter car park
- formalised pedestrian crossing on Narara Valley Drive
- platform regrading and installation of new tactiles
- relocation of the existing southbound bus stop on Narara Valley Drive
- formalised Boarding Assistance Zones on each platform
- upgrades to lighting, electrical infrastructure and CCTV.
Planning approval has been granted for the Narara Station Upgrade.The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between Wednesday 5 and 19 August 2020, and preparation of a Determination Report.
The project received 50 submissions in response to the project’s REF. Each submission was considered by the project team and responded to in a Determination Report.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their feedback during the planning process.
Detailed design and site preparation work has begun, and construction is expected to commence in October 2020.
We will continue to keep the community informed as the project progresses.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Narara Station Upgrade - Determination Report, September 2020 (PDF, 1.68 MB)
- Narara Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, July 2020 (PDF, 9.5 MB)
- Narara Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, July 2020 (PDF, 4.93 MB)
- Narara Station Upgrade - Visual Impact Assessment, July 2020 (PDF, 4.11 MB)
- Narara Station Upgrade - Arborist Report, July 2020 (PDF, 2.65 MB)
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.