Turrella Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Turrella Station.
The upgrade will be delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The project is expected to be completed in 2024*.
The upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- a new accessible station entrance with a new lift to provide access from the Reede Street overbridge to all platforms
- new stairs with an extended canopy from the station entrance to all platforms
- family accessible and ambulant toilets on Platforms 1/2
- expanded kiss and ride bay on Turrella Street
- upgraded accessible footpath with safety barriers and handrails on Turrella and Reede streets leading to the station entrance
- relocating the pedestrian crossing on Turrella Street to improve access to the bus stop
- regraded station platforms and new platform tactile ground indicators
- partial removal of the concrete traffic median on Reede Street to improve the turning circle for vehicles
- changes to the kerb and line markings on Turrella Street
- new bike hoops (exact location to be confirmed)
- improvements to station lighting, CCTV and a new transformer
- adjustments to wayfinding
- new landscaping.
Planning approval has been granted for the Turrella Station Upgrade.
The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) from 5 to 19 November 2021.
During this period we received 23 submissions. The key issues raised in submissions were:
- general support for the proposal
- Turrella Station being upgraded prior to Bardwell Park and Tempe Stations
- flooding risk at the station
- commuter car parking around the station
- the installation of safety barriers on the western side.
After carefully considering all of the submissions a decision has been taken to make no further design changes.
Transport for NSW would like to thank everyone who took the time to provide us with their feedback.
In response to community feedback, we have published a Determination Report on this page, which responds directly to questions, concerns and suggestions we received during the public display period.
Keep in touch
We will continue to keep the community informed throughout the construction period, which is due to start in early 2022, with regular notifications being distributed to residents and updates published here on our webpage.
If you would like to receive project updates via email, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
For all urgent enquiries or complaints regarding construction activities, please call our 24-hour Construction Response Line on 1800 775 465.
Please visit the Turrella Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.