Turrella Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Turrella Station.
The Turrella Station Upgrade will be delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The Turrella Station Upgrade is expected to be completed in 2024*.
The upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- a new accessible station entrance with a new lift to provide access from the Reede Street overbridge to all platforms
- new stairs with an extended canopy from the station entrance to all platforms
- family accessible and ambulant toilets on Platforms 1/2
- expanded kiss and ride bay on Turrella Street
- upgraded accessible footpath with safety barriers and handrails on Turrella and Reede streets leading to the station entrance
- relocating the pedestrian crossing on Turrella Street to improve access to the bus stop
- regraded station platforms and new platform tactile ground indicators
- partial removal of the concrete traffic median on Reede Street to improve the turning circle for vehicles
- changes to the kerb and line markings on Turrella Street
- new bike hoops (exact location to be confirmed)
- improvements to station lighting, CCTV and a new transformer
- adjustments to wayfinding
- new landscaping.
Planning approval has been granted for the Turrella Station Upgrade.
The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) from 5 to 19 November 2021.
During this period we received 23 submissions. The key issues raised in submissions were:
- general support for the proposal
- Turrella Station being upgraded prior to Bardwell Park and Tempe Stations
- flooding risk at the station
- commuter car parking around the station
- the installation of safety barriers on the western side.
After carefully considering all of the submissions a decision has been taken to make no further design changes.
Transport for NSW would like to thank everyone who took the time to provide us with their feedback.
In response to community feedback, we have published a Determination Report on this page, which responds directly to questions, concerns and suggestions we received during the public display period.
Please visit the Turrella Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Turella Station Upgrade community notification - September 2023 - Temporary tactile removal 18-29 September 2023 (PDF, 142.52 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification - September 2023 (PDF, 426.03 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification - August 2023 (PDF, 308.89 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification - July 2023 (PDF, 384.75 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification - June 2023 (PDF, 378.19 KB)
- Turella Station upgrade community notification extended nightworks - May 2023 (PDF, 351.87 KB)
- Turrella Station upgrade community notification – May 2023 (PDF, 380.27 KB)
- Turrella Station upgrade community notification – April 2023 (PDF, 422.4 KB)
- Turrella Station upgrade community notification – February 2023 (PDF, 423.95 KB)
- Turrella Station upgrade community notification – Consecutive night program cancelled (PDF, 311.43 KB)
- Turrella Station upgrade community notification – December 2022 - January 2023 (PDF, 292.37 KB)
- Turrella Station upgrade community notification – November 2022 (PDF, 459.91 KB)
- Turrella Station Weekend Works notification – August 2022 (PDF, 435.66 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification – August to September 2022 (PDF, 407.42 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification – December 2021 (PDF, 1.03 MB)
- Have your say on the Turrella Station Upgrade (PDF, 1.68 MB) (PDF, 1.03 MB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification – August 2021 (PDF, 853.24 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade community notification – July 2021 (PDF, 621.57 KB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade – Determination Report December 2021 (PDF, 1.36 MB)
- Turrella Station Upgrade – Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Landscape character and visual assessment (PDF, 6.17 MB)
- Statement of heritage impacts (PDF, 9.39 MB)
- Biodiversity assessment (PDF, 6.33 MB)
- Traffic, transport and access impact assessment (PDF, 3.64 MB)
- Noise and vibration impact assessment (PDF, 5.64 MB)
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 684 490