Stanmore Station Upgrade
In 2024, Transport for NSW will implement additional improvements to Stanmore Station as part of the Safer Cities program.
Stanmore Station - Safer Cities program overview
The integration of lighting, wayfinding, public art, and activation is designed to create more welcoming public spaces, particularly around transport hubs.
Our goal is to ensure that women, girls, and gender-diverse individuals feel secure moving around their local areas at any time of day.
The Douglas Street Forecourt will have a more welcoming, open atmosphere featuring added lighting, extended seating, repainted underpass entrance, and upgraded signage.
The Trafalgar Street entrance will see improvements with new lighting along the external Trafalgar Street boundary wall and an extension of public art installations.
The Station underpass will be enhanced with artwork, improved lighting and acoustic panelling.
Additional CCTV cameras will be installed.
In December 2022, we conducted a co-design night walk with key stakeholders and the community at Stanmore Station to help inform the concept design of the station upgrades.
More information can be found on the Safer Cities Program webpage.
Transport Access Program overview
The NSW Government has improved accessibility at Stanmore Station.
The upgrade was delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
- Two lifts providing access to all platforms
- Family and easily accessible toilets on Platforms 1 and 2
- Accessible ramp from the station to Trafalgar Street
- Regrading of the station underpass and station entrance and concourse on Douglas Street
- Kiss and ride bay and new accessible parking space on Douglas Street
- Safety improvements, including new handrails and treads on stairs and tactile pads on station platforms.
Transport for NSW invited feedback from community about the proposed early concept design of the Stanmore Station Upgrade from 4 to 18 October 2021 and on the Review of Environmental Factors from 1 to 15 February 2022. Planning approval for the project was granted in April 2022.
We thank you for your feedback. All feedback will be considered for the future design of the project.
The Stanmore Station Upgrade is now complete and the station is fully accessible, allowing for safer, easier and more convenient travel for all customers.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the upgrade work.
If you would like to receive further information, please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Please visit the Stanmore Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Stanmore Community Notification November/December 2023 (PDF, 616.43 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification October 2023 (PDF, 699.2 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification September 2023 (PDF, 363.38 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification August 2023 (PDF, 386.27 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification July 2023 (PDF, 805.38 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification June 2023 (PDF, 313.96 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification May 2023 (PDF, 483.89 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification April 2023 (PDF, 496.27 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification March 2023 (PDF, 430.05 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification February 2023 (PDF, 323.91 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification December 2022 and January 2023 (PDF, 311.3 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification November 2022 (PDF, 492.96 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification October 2022 (PDF, 2.26 MB)
- Stanmore Community Notification September 2022 (PDF, 586.69 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification August 2022 (PDF, 346.9 KB)
- Stanmore Community Notification June/July 2022 (PDF, 6.71 MB)
- Stanmore Planning Approval Notification April 2022 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Stanmore Have Your Say Notification February 2022 (PDF, 1.18 MB)
- Stanmore Have Your Say and Investigations Notification October 2021 (PDF, 1.46 MB)
- Stanmore Investigations Notification August 2021 (second) (PDF, 86.84 KB)
- Stanmore Investigations Notification August 2021 (PDF, 498.74 KB)
- Stanmore Station Upgrade – Determination Report April 2022 (PDF, 1.95 MB)
- Stanmore Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors February 2022 (PDF, 19.45 MB)
- Stanmore Station Upgrade - Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment February 2022 (PDF, 5.29 MB)
- Stanmore Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact February 2022 (PDF, 31.99 MB)
- Stanmore Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment January 2022 (PDF, 8.3 MB)
- Stanmore Station Upgrade - Arboricultural Impact Assessment February 2022 (PDF, 7.47 MB)
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 684 490