Project delivery requirements
At Transport, we work closely with the private sector, industry organisations and advocacy bodies to deliver safe, reliable and innovative transport across our networks.
This means establishing and maintaining effective and mutually beneficial relationships with our stakeholders to plan and deliver the largest transport infrastructure program in Australian history.
We want the process of doing business with us to be efficient and streamlined. You can read our processes, policies and standards that help make this happen.
Transport Standard Requirements (TSRs)
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) has standard requirements for project delivery. These standard requirements or TSRs set out the minimum requirements and form part of the 'contract' between Transport and its contractors or suppliers. Each TSR is adjusted to meet the needs of each project.
Key Contact templates
- TfNSW Standard Requirements (PSC Version) 5TP-FT-410 (PDF, 463.1 KB)
- TfNSW Standard requirements (Contract version) 5TP-FT-425-1.0 (PDF, 405.23 KB)
Environmental management requirements
- Non-road diesel plant data collection workbook - FT-439 (XLSX, 96.62 KB)
- Air Quality Management Guideline - SD-107 (PDF, 206.76 KB)
- Chemical Storage and Spill Response Guidelines - SD-066 (PDF, 471.59 KB)
- Concrete Washout Guideline - SD-112 (PDF, 997.53 KB)
- Construction Noise and Vibration Strategy - ST-157 (PDF, 5.28 MB)
- Construction Noise Estimator Tool - FT-150
- Contractor Performance Report - PR-047 (PDF, 618.34 KB)
- Environmental Incident Classification and Reporting - PR-105 (PDF, 226.92 KB)
- Fauna Management Guideline - SD-113 (PDF, 208.3 KB)
- Guide to Environmental Control Map - SD-015 (PDF, 1.68 MB)
- Planning, Environment & Sustainability - Climate Risk Pre-Screening Summary Report Template FT-412 (DOCX, 80.88 KB)
- Unexpected Heritage Finds Guideline - SD-115 (PDF, 153.85 KB)
- Vegetation Management (Protection and Removal) Guideline - SD-11 (PDF, 272.52 KB)
- Waste Data Collection Workbook - FT-436 (ZIP, 198.5 KB)
- Water Discharge and Reuse Guideline - SD-146 (PDF, 159.38 KB)
- Weed Management and Disposal Guideline - SD-110 (PDF, 129.8 KB)
- TSR A
Upcoming, current and past business opportunities are listed on the NSW Government eTendering website.
The website includes NSW Government procurement policies and guidelines, as well as details of already awarded contracts over $150,000 in value.
To receive email notifications of new business opportunities, you can register your details with eTendering. Carefully select the relevant business categories to ensure you receive the appropriate notifications.
You can also use the list of awarded contracts to source opportunities on projects delivered by industry partners.
Transport for NSW works with a range of contractors, sub-contractors and consultants to deliver our projects.
We are committed to providing an open and transparent contracting process to meet the needs of individual projects.
Transport for NSW Contractor Performance Management System
The following documents set out Transport for NSW's contractor performance management system.
- Guideline for Construction Contractor Performance Reporting
- Guideline for Professional Services Contractor Performance Reporting
- Contractor Performance Report
Environmental Protection Licenses
In accordance with the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act), an Environment Protection Licence (EPL) must be obtained from the NSW Environment Protection Authority for certain TfNSW projects. An EPL must be held by TfNSW, the appointed construction contractor, or an alliance partner.
Transport for NSW Environmental Protection License
If you are the holder of the EPL for a TfNSW project, we require you to publish pollution monitoring data on your website in compliance with Section 66(6)(a) of the POEO Act. You are also required to prepare and implement a Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP).
We need your help to minimise the impact of our projects on local communities. If you need to carry out work outside of the standard working hours in the Conditions of Approval for your project you will need to have that work approved by TfNSW, other relevant authorities and/or the project’s Environmental Management Representative. You will also need to notify the local community in advance. Applications to undertake out-of-hours work must include an outline of what measures will be implemented to reduce the impacts on the local community.
Inductions and training
Rail Industry Safety Induction
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 40657) with approval to deliver nationally recognised training and assessment.
Completion of TfNSW's Rail Industry Safety Induction course provides a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the Unit of Competency TLIF2080C Safely Access the Rail Corridor (from the Transport & Logistics Industry Training Package). For further information about this training see:
- External course enrolment form
- RISI external participant information pack
Request for training history
To request copies of your training records please use the Request for Training Information form below.
If you are not the owner of the information being requested, a signed consent to release the information letter from the owner of the information (to your organisation) must be provided with the Request for Training Information form.
Please note that processing times for training information requests are a minimum of 15 working days. If you require the information urgently, please provide a business case with the e-mail request when you send it through. Details of where to send it are included in the form.
- Request for Training Information form
- Consent / Release form
Equip is Transport’s online portal for all business transactions with organisations that do business with TfNSW, Roads and Maritime Services and NSW Trains.
Transport Equip is used for processing quotations, accounts payable and receivable, purchase order numbers and parts of the tendering process.
For access to Transport Equip, including registering your organisation and setting up user logins please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can review the Transport Equip Information Sheet for more details on the system, processes and our terms and conditions.
Please note: Transport Equip is only used for business conducted with TfNSW, NSW Trains and Roads and Maritime. It does not affect business with Sydney Trains, WestConnex or State Transit Authority at this stage. If this applies to your business, please see details about the new ways of working in the factsheet - Ariba Network: Changing how we do business.
Australian Business Numbers (ABNs)
Transport for NSW - 18 804 239 602
Public Transport Authority of NSW - 34 970 508 174
Transport Administration Corporation - 57 880 063 175
Air Transport Council - 99 755 336 810
Evaluation and Assurance
The Evaluation and Assurance team provides expert advice, guidance and hands-on assistance in the development and review of initiatives across the NSW Transport cluster.