Wahroonga Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Wahroonga Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. As part of the program, the Wahroonga Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- a new lift to provide access from the Redleaf Avenue Bridge to the station platform
platform extension to connect to the new lift
- a new accessible ramp and walkway between the station and Wahroonga Shopping Village
- upgrade of the Redleaf Avenue Bridge and replacement of the pedestrian walkway
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
a new accessible parking space, and a zone for kiss and ride, and taxis
a new canopy for the Platform 1 boarding assistance zone
- improvements to CCTV and lighting
five new bike parking hoops.
The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) is a planning document outlining the proposed work, potential impacts and mitigation measures.
The project was on public display from 3 December 2019 until 17 December 2019.
The community was invited to submit feedback on the proposed station design during this period.
Feedback received during this period will assist Transport for NSW in understanding what is important to the community, and will be considered by the project team when developing the final design for the project.
All submissions received during the public display will be considered as part of the planning approval process and addressed in a Determination Report. The Determination Report will be available in early 2020, and will respond to key themes from the feedback received, details regarding any changes to the scope, and next steps with the project.
Keep in touch
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Wahroonga Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, December 2019 (PDF, 16.47 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, December 2019 (PDF, 48.16 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 6.1 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 5.93 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 7.86 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 3.22 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Aboricultural Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 3.37 MB)