Wahroonga Station Upgrade
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Wahroonga Station.
The upgrade is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
As part of the program, the Wahroonga Station Upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, carers/parents with prams and customers with luggage.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- a new lift to provide access from the Redleaf Avenue Bridge to the station platform
platform extension to connect to the new lift
- a new accessible ramp and walkway between the station and Wahroonga Shopping Village
- refurbishment of the Redleaf Avenue Bridge and the pedestrian walkway
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
a new accessible parking space, and spaces for kiss and ride, and taxis
a new canopy for the Platform 1 boarding assistance zone
- improvements to CCTV and lighting
eight new bike parking hoops.
Transport for NSW has approved the Wahroonga Station Upgrade project. The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors between 3 December and 17 December 2019, and preparation of a Determination Report.
The project team received 40 submissions from the community. The submissions were considered by the project team and responded to in the project Determination Report (PDF, 15.29 MB).
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their feedback during the planning process.
Design and site preparation work will occur in the coming months, with major construction expected to start in late 2020.
We will advise the local community of construction activities prior to work starting.
Keep in touch
If you would like to receive further information or project updates, please register to join the Wahroonga Station Upgrade project distribution list by calling the Project Information Line on 1800 684 490 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Wahroonga Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade Community Notification April 2020 (PDF, 942.25 KB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade Community Notification December 2019 (PDF, 2.31 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade Community Notification June 2019 (PDF, 689.13 KB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade Community Notification November 2018 (PDF, 1.26 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Determination Report, April 2020 (PDF, 15.29 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, December 2019 (PDF, 16.47 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, December 2019 (PDF, 48.16 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 6.1 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 5.93 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 7.86 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 3.22 MB)
- Wahroonga Station Upgrade - Aboricultural Impact Assessment, December 2019 (PDF, 3.37 MB)