Thornleigh Station Upgrade
The NSW Government has improved accessibility at Thornleigh Station.
The upgrade was delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, an initiative to provide a better experience for public transport passengers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
- three new lifts to provide access to the station platforms
- weather protection screens and canopies at the lift entries
- improved access to the waiting rooms
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- upgrades to the bus stop and seating on The Esplanade
- new accessible pedestrian pathways throughout the station and entrances
- upgrades to the existing accessible parking spaces in the commuter car park
- a new accessible parking space and kiss and ride area on Railway Parade
- new bicycle hoops
- new canopy coverage over the Boarding Assistance Zone on Platform 3
- improvements to CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage
- electrical upgrades to accommodate new infrastructure
- modifications to existing stairs
- new stairs on Railway Parade walkway connecting to the existing station footbridge.
Thornleigh Station Upgrade is complete and the station is now more accessible, allowing for safer, easier and more convenient travel for all passengers.
Passengers are able to use the station’s three new lifts and improved accessibility features.
Transport for NSW would like to thank the community for their continued support and cooperation during the upgrade work.
Due to strong community feedback received, Transport in consultation with Hornsby Shire Council, took active steps to build a safer solution for pedestrians and traffic on Railway Parade by delivering a new raised pedestrian crossing to improve pedestrian movements across Railway Parade and to improve connectivity to Thornleigh Station.
Please visit the Thornleigh Station webpage for information on facilities and transport services.