Emu Plains Commuter Car Park
Planning is underway to provide additional commuter parking at Emu Plains Station, a joint initiative of the Federal and NSW Governments.
The project is part of the NSW Government’s Commuter Car Park Program, providing you with more convenient access to public transport at key interchanges and helping to ease congestion on our roads.
Construction of approximately 750 additional commuter parking spaces is expected to begin in early-2021 and be completed in early-2022.
- a new commuter car park with up to 750 additional spaces located on vacant land to the west of Emu Plains Station, off Old Bathurst Road
- additional accessible parking spaces and motorcycle parking bays
- a new footbridge over Old Bathurst Road to provide safe and direct pedestrian access between the new car park and the station
- a new T intersection on Old Bathurst Road to allow vehicle entry and exit into the car park
- landscaping including a vegetated drainage channel through the car park
- provision for future electric vehicle charging spaces
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage for improved safety and security.
Thank you for your feedback
Transport for NSW has received feedback from the community on the proposed commuter car park. All feedback is currently being reviewed and all submissions will receive a written response in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions about the proposal please email us at email@example.com or call 1800 684 490.
Early investigation work for the new commuter car park is now underway. Site investigations will take place over the next few months and will include survey work and geotechnical investigations around the station.
In late February some geotechnical investigations are scheduled to take place along Old Bathurst Road and Smith Street at night. Traffic control will be in place during these works. Drivers should allow more time and may experience minor delays. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Keeping you up to date
Transport for NSW will keep the community informed about the project as it progresses.
If you would like to sign up to receive email updates about the project, please call 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.