Petersham Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Petersham Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. As part of the program, the Petersham Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- two new lifts connecting the existing footbridge to the Terminus Street entrance and the station platform
- a new access ramp and stairs from the Trafalgar Street station entrance to the existing footbridge
- upgrade work to the existing footbridge and stairs
- a new accessible parking space adjacent to the Terminus Street lift
- a formalised kiss and ride area on Terminus Street
- new bicycle parking on both sides of the station
- improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilet, a new family accessible toilet, CCTV and lighting.
The project is expected to be completed in late 2021*.
Transport for NSW has recently approved the Petersham Station Upgrade. Information about the approval process can be found in the Determination Report (PDF, 4.38 MB).
Detailed design is underway with major construction expected to commence in late 2020.
Keep in touch
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Please visit the Petersham Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Determination Report, February 2020 (PDF, 4.38 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, October 2019 (PDF, 10.63 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, October 2019 (PDF, 19.77 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 12.24 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 9.85 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 11.97 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Arboricultural Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 4.66 MB)