Petersham Station Upgrade
The upgrade at Petersham Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state. As part of the program, the Petersham Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
- two new lifts connecting the existing footbridge to the Terminus Street entrance and the station platform
- a new access ramp and stairs from the Trafalgar Street station entrance to the existing footbridge
- upgrade work to the existing footbridge and stairs
- a new accessible parking space adjacent to the Terminus Street lift
- a formalised kiss and ride area on Terminus Street
- new bicycle parking on both sides of the station
- improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilet, a new family accessible toilet, CCTV and lighting.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
Planning approval for the Petersham Station Upgrade has been granted, and site establishment and work commenced in late June. This will result in some temporary changes to the area around Petersham Station.
Upcoming weekend and night work
From 6am Saturday 26 September to 2am Monday 28 September, work will be undertaken on Terminus Street and tracks to prepare for a new lift lobby. This will include the installation of a temporary rail corridor wall, including excavations, and installation of steel posts and foundations for the lift well.
The footbridge across the station will remain open during this time. Work during this period will involve the use of mobile plant, generators and hand tools.
Parking and access changes on Terminus Street
From 4am Friday 25 September to 1am Monday 28 September, up to 10 parking spaces on Terminus Street, will be temporarily closed to allow work vehicles to move through the area and facilitate the delivery of materials ahead of the weekend work. These spaces are in addition to those that had been previously closed to create a site compound and laydown area, which will remain in place until late 2021.
Between 6am Saturday 26 September and 2am Monday 28 September, a single lane closure on Terminus Street (at Railway Street) will also be in place to enable the safe operation of a crane.
For more information about this work and other activities occurring in September, please view the community notification. (PDF, 858.89 KB)
Keep in touch
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Petersham Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services
*Estimated project completion times are subject to change.
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notification September 2020 (PDF, 858.89 KB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notification August 2020 (PDF, 727.59 KB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notification June-July 2020 (PDF, 608.72 KB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notification February 2020 (PDF, 9.88 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notification October 2019 (PDF, 1.89 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notification July 2019 (PDF, 874.06 KB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade Community Notificat (PDF, 574.83 KB)ion June 2019 (PDF, 574.83 KB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Determination Report, February 2020 (PDF, 4.38 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, October 2019 (PDF, 10.63 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, October 2019 (PDF, 19.77 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 12.24 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 9.85 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 11.97 MB)
- Petersham Station Upgrade - Arboricultural Impact Assessment, October 2019 (PDF, 4.66 MB)