Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade
Planning is currently underway to improve accessibility at Wollstonecraft Station.
The project is expected to be completed in 2022*.
- two new lifts connecting to the station platforms
- new station entry ramps from Shirley Road and Telopea Street to provide accessible paths to the lifts
- platform raising work to bring platforms level with train carriages
- a covered boarding assistance zone on Platform 1
- a new accessible parking space on Shirley Road
- improved amenities such as a new male and female ambulant toilet and a new family accessible toilet
- improved CCTV and lighting.
The upgrade of Wollstonecraft Station is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
Planning approval for the Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade has been granted.
The approval follows the public display of the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) between 18 May and 1 June 2020, and preparation of a Determination Report.
The project received 117 submissions in response to the project's REF. Each was considered by the project team and responded to in a Determination Report (PDF, 4.93 MB).
Why accessibility upgrades are needed at Wollstonecraft Station
As an operator of public transport under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA), Transport for NSW is required to upgrade the station precinct and ensure equitable access is provided for all customers.
Wollstonecraft Station does not currently meet the requirements of the federal Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (DSAPT).
The Standards set out minimum accessibility requirements for public transport providers and ensure that people with disability have equivalent access to public transport services.
At Wollstonecraft Station, the existing slope of the ramps is too steep and is not easily accessible for all customers, including those with additional mobility requirements.
Upgrading the station precinct will make Wollstonecraft accessible to people with additional mobility requirements, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
A copy of the standards can be accessed on the website of the Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department. Further information about the Standards can be found on the website of the Australian Human Rights Commission.
The contract for the Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade was awarded in May 2020. Early work and site investigations started in July 2020, with major construction expected to start in late 2020.
We will continue to keep the community informed as the project progresses over the coming months.
Keep in Touch
If you would like to ask a question about the proposed upgrade or register to receive project updates please contact
1800 684 490 or email email@example.com.
Please visit the Wollstonecraft Station webpage for information on station facilities and transport services.
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Community Notification, September 2020 (PDF, 338.35 KB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Community Notification - July 2020 (PDF, 429.98 KB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Determination Newsletter - July 2020 (PDF, 1.86 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Have Your Say - May 2020 (PDF, 1.97 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 959.3 KB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade Community Notification - April 2020 (PDF, 138.81 KB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade Community Notification - March 2020 (PDF, 76.34 KB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Determination Report, July 2020 (PDF, 4.93 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Review of Environmental Factors, May 2020 (PDF, 13.69 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Statement of Heritage Impact, May 2020 (PDF, 7.03 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment, May 2020 (PDF, 29.09 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Traffic, Transport and Assess Impact Assessment, May 2020 (PDF, 5.96 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment, May 2020 (PDF, 11.7 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Biodiversity Assessment Report, May 2020 (PDF, 11.33 MB)
- Wollstonecraft Station Upgrade - Arboricultural Impact Assessment Report, May 2020 (PDF, 7.19 MB)
* Estimated project completion times are subject to change.