Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade
The NSW Government is delivering an upgrade to Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard to achieve Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (DSAPT) compliance and to accommodate the new Regional Rail fleet.
Detailed design, planning and heritage approvals are now under way for the Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade. The Review of Environmental Factors has now been published.
The project will provide a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and passengers with luggage, while ensuring it aligns with Moss Vale’s transport needs.
The project is expected to commence in mid 2024.*
Upgrading the station’s eastern access from Argyle Street, including:
- two new lifts, one at each end of the existing footbridge
- upgrading existing footbridge stairs and walkway
- upgrading accessibility to the existing bus stop and taxi drop-off near Jubilee Park
- upgrades to the Argyle Street entrance including seating and signage and improved accessible pedestrian pathway at the forecourt.
Upgrading the station’s western access from Lackey Road, including:
- a new lift providing access to the existing footbridge
- upgrading existing footbridge and stairs, including new handrails and decking
- upgrading the footpath and installing new seating at the new lift entrance near Lackey Road
- installing a pedestrian crossing at Lackey Road and Dalys Way
- upgrading footpath accessibility at Dalys Way towards the station, including fencing, drainage, car parking and retaining wall.
The parking layout within the station forecourt will be formalised, by including:
- provision of accessible parking spaces
- new kiss and ride zone
- bus/coach drop off.
Station building, amenities and platforms
Improvements to the Moss Vale station building, amenities and platforms, include:
- adjusting some station doors
- correcting ground levels at the station
- resurfacing Platform 2
- replacing the existing unisex toilet with a family accessible bathroom
- installing tactile markers and boarding assistance zones on both platforms
- improving communications equipment, public address (PA) system, and security systems
- upgrading station power services, communications room, lighting and closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- line marking, landscaping, and adjusting station ticketing facilities.
Upgrades to the train stabling area to accommodate the new Regional Rail fleet, will include:
- lengthening the track at the stabling yard and providing train clearances and buffer stops
- installing new pedestrian walkways within the stabling yard
- installing a dedicated access driveway for Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC)
- upgrading the existing Lackey Road vehicle access area including entry and exit gates, and a new sealed car park
- building retaining walls and a potential noise barrier about 250 metres in length along the western side of the stabling yard, subject to further approval.
- installing Combined Services Route (CSR) along the western side of the station and both sides of stabling yard
- installing provisioning services
- upgrading low voltage and shore power supply for existing and new equipment, including communications equipment.
*Estimated project start and completion times are weather dependent and subject to change.
We are seeking feedback on the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for the Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade to help us understand the comments and concerns of the community, while feeding local knowledge into the delivery phase of the project. You can view the Review of Environmental Factors document and take the survey or make a submission here. The consultation report was released for the Moss Vale transport improvements and station upgrade in September 2021.
- Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade - Frequently asked questions - November 2023 (PDF, 402.63 KB)
- Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade - Community notification November 2023 (PDF, 3.84 MB)
- Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade – Have your say (PDF, 3.85 MB)
- Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade - Community notification October 2023 (PDF, 205.5 KB)
- Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade - Community notification Sept 2023 (PDF, 221.78 KB)
- Community consultation report (PDF, 5.28 MB)
- Moss Vale Station and Stabling Yard Upgrade – Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 29.24 MB)
- Appendix A - Consideration of section 171(2) factors (PDF, 313.86 KB)
- Appendix B - Statutory consultation checklists (PDF, 218.27 KB)
- Appendix C - Heritage impact assessment (PDF, 42.2 MB)
- Appendix D - Noise and vibration impact assessment (PDF, 64.59 MB)
- Appendix E - Landscape character and visual assessment report (PDF, 18.05 MB)
- Appendix F - Arboricultural impact assessment report (PDF, 8.14 MB)
- Community consultation report (PDF, 5.28 MB)
Please visit the Moss Vale Station webpage for information on station facilities, timetables, and transport services.
Keep in touch
For further information on this project and to receive updates, complete the form below.
Stay up to date
Privacy Statement: Transport for NSW is committed to protecting your personal information. Information collected via the subscribe to Moss Vale Station upgrade project updates will enable us to email you relevant information regarding this project. We will not publish or disclose your personal information to any third parties unless you consent or as authorised by law. Aggregated or depersonalised information which does not identify you, such as summary tables, may be published or disclosed to third parties. Providing personal information is voluntary, however we rely on your participation to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information obtained and we may not be able to communicate with you directly if you do not provide your personal information. Your information will be managed by Transport for NSW in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002. For further information, please see our Privacy Management Plan or contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to access, correct or remove the personal information collected by us you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 684 490