Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park
Transport for NSW is taking the first step in delivering up to 2,000 additional parking spaces at Edmondson Park Station as part of the NSW Government’s Commuter Car Park Program. Construction on the multi-storey commuter car park to the south of the station will begin in mid-2020 and is expected to be completed by mid-2021.
- a multi-storey car park with up to 1,000 additional spaces to the south of the station
- free parking for up to 18 hours with Transport Park&Ride
- additional accessible parking spaces
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding for improved safety and security
- lift access
- road pavement and pedestrian pathway upgrades
- provision for electric vehicle charging spaces, solar power and motorbike parking is being assessed.
Transport for NSW has approved plans for a new multi-storey commuter car park with up to 1,000 additional spaces to the south of Edmondson Park Station.
The approval follows community consultation on the concept design between Thursday 26 March and Friday 10 April 2020 and preparation of the Review of Environmental Factors (PDF, 4.43 MB) and Determination Report (PDF, 1.01 MB).
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the concept design.
Key themes of feedback have been responded to in the Review of Environmental Factors and will help us to refine the design of the car park.
Transport for NSW will continue to work with key stakeholders to finalise plans for the remaining car parking spaces and more information will be shared with the community soon.
Major construction of the new commuter car park is planned to start mid-2020 and finish mid-2021.
Parking during construction
During construction, the existing southern car park will be closed to ensure work on the multi-storey car park is completed safely. A temporary car park will be built on vacant land north of the station to minimise disruption during construction – view the map. (PDF, 226 KB)
Landcom will build the temporary car park on behalf of Transport for NSW. The temporary car park is targeted for completion in August when major construction of the multi-storey car park begins.
The existing car park to the north of the station will remain open during construction.
Keeping you up to date
We will continue to keep you informed about the project through notifications to customers, local residents and businesses, and frequent updates published here on our website.
If you would like to be emailed project updates please contact us on 1800 684 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commuter Car Park Program
The Commuter Car Park Program is a NSW Government initiative to provide you with more convenient access to public transport at key transport interchanges, and help ease congestion on our roads. Since 2011, more than 10,000 commuter car spaces have been delivered across Sydney.
- Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 163.26 KB)
- Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park - Map (PDF, 226 KB)
- Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park, Community Notification - July 2020 (PDF, 280.34 KB)
- Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park, Community Notification - May 2020 (PDF, 679.22 KB)
- Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park, Community Notification - March 2020 (PDF, 723.97 KB)
- Review of Environmental Factors - Edmondson Park (South) Commuter Car Park (PDF, 4.43 MB)
- Determination Report - Edmondson Park (South) Commuter Car Park (PDF, 1.01 MB)
- Landscape Character and Visual Impact Assessment - Edmondson Park (South) Commuter Car Park (PDF, 3.37 MB)
- Traffic, Transport and Access Impact Assessment - Edmondson Park (South) Commuter Car Park (PDF, 10.05 MB)
- Noise and Vibration Assessment - Edmondson Park (South) Commuter Car Park (PDF, 5.73 MB)
- Vegetation Assessment - Edmondson Park (South) Commuter Car Park (PDF, 1.13 MB)
- Concept Plan - Edmondson Park Commuter Car Park (PDF, 403.75 KB)